What if you are out of your home and you are not sure whether you have shut your PC down or not?
Or what if you got a doubt that somebody else is using your system when you are not home?
Or what if somebody is accessing your private data and you want to shut your system down without knowing them?
Well I have a small trick for you.
All you can do with this trick is Shutdown Computer/Lappy with a Cell Phone
Using this method, a user can shutdown, restart, hibernate, etc. his or her computer, just by sending an email from his or her phone.
To do this, all you will need is Microsoft Outlook which should come with Microsoft Office, which most people have. This will need to be on the computer wish you wish to shutdown.
So, this is how you do this:
1. First, you need the batch files to perform the Shutdown, Hibernate etc. You can write them down yourselves.
2. Open your Notepad and write the following code
c:windowssystem32shutdown -s -f -t 00
and save it as shutdown.bat (remember .bat is mandatory in order run this trick)
3. Open up Microsoft Outlook. Make sure that you have already configured it for your email. Now we need to make it so that Outlook checks your inbox about every minute (1 minute for testing time can be increased if a delayed shutdown is desired). You can do this by going to Tools –> Options in Microsoft Outlook.
4. Then click the Mail Setup tab, and afterwards, the Send/Receive button.
5. Make sure that the Schedule an automatic send/receive every box is checked, and set the number of minutes to 1. Now you may close all of these dialog boxes.
6. Now go to Tools –> Rules and Alerts. Next click the options button in the upper right hand corner and press the Import Rules button.
7. Now select the shutdown.bat file which you have created earlier.
8. Now, when you send a message from your phone to your e-mail address with the subject shutdown or smsshutdown%%, your computer will shutdown.