What is it?
All the blogs in this planet spaced for the uniqueness. Unless you got an unique property you are not going to be shined to the edge. The same property will effect to core in choosing the default blogger domain i.e., sub-domain of blogspot.com or blogger.com.
To get your uniqueness effect I suggest you to set your default sub-domain of blogspot.com to custom domain with Godaddy. The main advantage of setting a custom domain is you will get an official representation of your website,
What are the advantages?
1) You will be noted on a special note in search engine directories and will be easier to index your content. SEO
2) It is easier to submit your website into directories and are more chances to get approved to be listed.
3) Your blog is no more a blog. It is a website now.
4. It will be more easier to spread the word, popularize or to pronounce the website name rather than adding blogspot.com or wordpress.com in the end.
5. You will get a personalized email like as firstname.lastname@example.org so that to aware audience yours is a unique website.
6. Last but not least, there are more chances to get approved by Adsense
if you have a custom domain.
Looks good, is it easier?
Of-course its looks good and easier too. May be its a bit difficult for the first time but only for the first time.
provides us very easier process to set up a custom domain with blogger as blogger is owned by Google itself.
It takes about 10 mins to set up a custom domain with Godaddy in your blogger for the first time and for the rest of times it will be about 5 to 7 mins of process.
Why choose GoDaddy when there are many other hosting services?
Good question, why i’m choosing godaddy is
1) It’s cheaper: Yes can you believe that you can change your blog into website for just 2$? or Rs 120/- ? They provide the same service for us
2) It’s easier: All you have to do is signing up, buying domain, setting DNS settings (Will talk about DNS settings later) that’s it.
3) It’s faster: Damn its so fast that the next second of the settings you can have your website live while other hosting services may take up to 24 hours to bring it on live.
What else could you expect if these are only the main things to buy a domain and customize it?
Okay, go ahead. Show me the process:
Well there are 3 main steps in this process
1) Buying your domain
2) Setting your DNS settings
3) Feel awesome!
Buying your domain in GoDaddy:
1) Go to Godaddy website by clicking here
2) Choose your domain by entering your desired domain in the box and search whether its available or not
3. Now click on continue to cart and buy the domain.
Step 1 Completed ✓
Now, Setting Your DNS (Domain Name Server) Settings:
1. Go to your blogger dashboard.
2. Navigate to Settings > Basic
3. Now click on + Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog
4. Now enter your website name in the box eg: www.mywebsite.com
5. Click on save. Here you will see an error “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 12” because you haven’t set your DNS settings with GoDaddy yet.
6. In the error part you can see two set of lines with codes. Just dont close this page as we require this codes later in DNS settings in GoDaddy.
7. Now login into the GoDaddy website with which you have signed up during the process of Domain purchase.
8 Click on My Account at the top of the website or Domains at the middle
9. Now Click on Launch Button
10. You will get an page opened Names Domain Details. Click on DNS Zone File in that page
12. Now you will get a Page named Zone File Editor. There you will find first two tables called A (Host) and CNAME (Alias) respectively.
13. Now just below the CNAME (Alias) table there will be a button to add CNAMES to the table namely Quick Add. Click on it and enter two set of lines of code that are available in blogger settings page
14. Now click on SAVE FILE ZONE
15. Refresh the page and now add following records to A (Host) table by clicking Quick Add button.
16. Now click again on SAVE FILE ZONE. Come back blogger settings page and clic on save button.
17. After saving you can see the error disappeared for the page and you will see page something like this.
18. To make sure that you are redirecting mywebsite.com to www.mywebsite.com click on Edit in above image and checkRedirect mywebsite.com to www.mywebsite.com option.
19. That’s it! Now click on save as shown above. I know its bit lengthy process but i assure you its only for beginners. If you got two more blogs try this on them and I can bet you can do this whole process in a single shot.